After reading our “Remember your Rosemary” article, you may want to experiment using rosemary and other herbs in your meals. Incorporating herbs like rosemary into your diet is not only good for you, but also adds lots of delicious flavour to your everyday meals. Being from Nova Scotia, Sandra has grown up loving seafood and eats it whenever she gets the chance. This recipe is absolutely perfect for all seafood lovers that want to introduce some herbs into their cooking. Enjoy!
1-1/4 lb jumbo shrimp
4 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons chopped herbs (parsley, sage, marjoram)
2 cloves garlic, peeled
4 small tomatoes
Salt, freshly ground pepper
2 springs of rosemary
1. To prepare the shrimp, remove the shells, but leave the tails intact.
2. Slit down the back with a sharp knife and remove the black vein.
3. Wash the shrimp and pat dry with paper towels.
4. Melt the butter in a skillet.
5. Quickly fry the shrimp on all sides in the butter.
6. Finely chop the herbs and the garlic and add to the pan.
7. Add the washed tomatoes, whole or halved (optional), season with salt and pepper, and place the springs of rosemary on top.
8. Put into a preheated oven at 400 ° F and cook for 8-10 minutes, basting with the butter occasionally.
We love pairing this recipe with crusty white bread. The texture of the bread really complements the shrimp, and adds a nice filling side to your meal. Also, try adding a fresh garden salad to get your greens in, and your meal is complete! Nothing beats simple, fast and delicious dinners for you and your family. There are endless opportunities when it comes to this recipe – try making shrimp skewers or putting this shrimp on top of quinoa!
If you tried this recipe, we’d love to know! Send us your photos on twitter, or leave a comment below if you tried this recipe or are planning on trying it for your next meal. For more information on herbs, please visit our “garden tips” and “natural healing” categories on our menu.