This recipe serves 3-4 people, and the preparation time is approx. 20 minutes.
1 bunch (3/4 lb.) of Red Russian Kale or a tender young kale, rinsed and stripped from the stalk and cut into bite size pieces.
1 TBSP olive oil
3 garlic cloves, finely minced
A sprinkle of Sea salt (or salt of your choice) and pepper
4 pieces of sole or flounder fillets
3 TBSP of butter, softened
2 TBSP. fresh parsley, chives, and dill or fennel
1/2 cup of panko bread crumbs
1 lemon cut into slices
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Pre-cook the kale in about 4 cups of water, for 4-6 minutes, until tender.
- Strain the kale into a colander & shake off any excess water.
- Wipe the pan, and add the olive oil and the garlic cloves, and cook on low heat for about 30 seconds. Turn off the heat and add the kale to the pan with the garlic, and mix well.
- Mix the panko crumbs with 2 TSP of olive oil and thoroughly coat the fish with the panko crumb mixture and then, add the herbs, and salt and pepper.
- Place the kale and garlic mixture in a baking dish, and place a fish fillet on top of each piece of kale, and add the herbs.
- Place the pan in a pre-heated oven of 375 degrees F, and cook the fish 7-12 minutes depending on the thickness of the fillets. Thicker pieces could take 11-13 minutes.
- With a long spatula, carefully lift, and place the kale and the fish on a plate.
- Before serving, squeeze some lemon juices over the fish.